Sat, 23 May 2026

|

DHIVEHI

Advertisement

Power restored across Malé and Hulhumalé after outage

23 May 2026

|

Ainy Waheed

STELCO works on power system in Hulhumalé on Saturday --- Photo; STELCO

Power supply has been restored to all affected areas in Malé and Hulhumalé following a technical issue that caused electricity disruptions earlier today, the State Electric Company Limited (STELCO) has said.

In a post shared on its official X account, STELCO stated that the issue had been resolved and electricity services had now been restored across all areas in Malé and Hulhumalé that experienced outages.

STELCO said teams began work immediately after the disruptions were reported earlier today.

Prior to the outage, STELCO had carried out upgrade works on the 50-megawatt powerhouse system in Hulhumalé. The work involved shutting down the engines from 3:00 a.m. until 8:00 a.m. today to facilitate the upgrade process.

The company had earlier announced that the upgrade works were completed successfully without interrupting electricity services. However, large parts of Malé and Hulhumalé later experienced power outages after the works were completed.

Following the restoration of electricity services, STELCO advised customers who continue to experience disruptions to contact the emergency hotline 104 or the customer service centre at 1545.

The company also apologised for the inconvenience caused by the interruption to electricity services.

Comments